Connecticut Food Bank’s Walk Against Hunger is a non-competitive 2.5 to 3 mile walk. The Walk Against Hunger is held rain or shine, and pets are allowed to participate, as long they are on a leash! All participants must register in order to participate, including our four-legged friends! Don’t forget the strollers!
Why Walk Against Hunger?
- More than 1 in 7 households in Connecticut are at risk for hunger
- One third of those who receive food assistance are children
- Money raised goes directly to providing groceries and hot meals to hungry children, families, seniors and individuals in Fairfield, Litchfield, New Haven, New London, Middlesex and Windham Counties.
- These numbers are not statistics… they are your family, friends and neighbors.
17 meals – and hope for a better tomorrow – to someone in need.
Gather a team, collect pledges, join us for a party in the park and enjoy a short walk. What a great way
to spend a spring day!
Schedule of Events for all Walks - RAIN OR SHINE!
- 1:00 p.m. Registration begins for those who have not registered online. Enjoy refreshments, activities, and entertainment in the park prior to the Walk.
- 2:00 p.m. Walk begins – rest stops and refreshments along the marked Walk route.
- 3:30 p.m. Awards Ceremony – Relax and enjoy activities and refreshments at a party in the park after the Walk.
- Walking: Please be sure that you and your children wear good socks and supportive walking shoes. Nothing can cut your walk short like a blister.
- Weather: Walk days are often sunny but cool. Don’t forget to dress according to the weather. We will walk RAIN or SHINE.
- Stay Hydrated: Water will be available at the gathering area prior to and after the Walk.
- General: In case you can’t finish the Walk a “Weary Wagon” can give you a ride back to the park. Just look for the yellow school bus along the route. Also, there will be a rest stop along the way with refreshments and restrooms.